600g cleaned squid100g plain flour
100g plain flour
1½ tsp chilli powder
2 tsp ground white pepper
1½ tbsp. sea salt
Vegetable oil, to deep fry
4 long red chillies, seeded, thinly sliced
Lemon wedges, to serve
- Rinse the squid under running water and pat dry with paper towel.
- Cut the squid down the center, so as to open it out and then slice into 5mm strips.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, chili powder, white pepper and sea salt.
- Add the squid and toss to coat.
- Shake off any excess flour and transfer squid to a clean
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok or a large saucepan until the surface starts to shimmer.
- Deep-fry the chili for 1-2 minutes or until softened.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper. Deep-fry the squid, in batches for about 1-2 minutes or until just tender and golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain well on absorbent paper.
- Transfer squid and chili to a serving plate and serve with lemon wedges.
You can serve with dipping sauce according to your preference.
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking Time : 5 minutes
Serve : 4