If you are first time travelling abroad for a holiday, it is important to prepare and plan ahead. Knowing the necessary information, documents, and well prepared in advance can make your first travel experience wonderful.
I just travelled a couple of weeks ago in Tbilisi Georgia. (click here if you want to read).It was my first time travelling alone and explore the beautiful country of Georgia. A few months ago I already planned everything for that trip, from my airticket, hotel booking up to my personal stuff.
Preparation is very important especially if it is your first time to travel abroad. Therefore I’m gonna share with you my tips and preparation in order to make sure that you didn’t miss out anything and have a delightful journey. Here we go;
- Make a list of all the stuff you need and information you will be gathered below.
- Check how much is the air ticket, hotel and visa if needed so you can properly allocate your budget. For budget-friendly air ticket and hotel, you can check with Kayak.ae and Booking.com. You can also consider checking with travel and tour companies who are offering a complete package with air ticket, hotel and tour. In this case, you can determine exactly how much you would spend on your holiday. Sometimes it is more convenient and affordable to get a complete package. One of this company I already tried is Holiday Factory.
- Check the weather of your arrival in a specific country you are travelling in order for you to bring the appropriate gear. If the weather in your destination country is hot you have to bring summer outfit. If it’s cold and winter you need to bring a thermal jacket, gloves and layered of clothes to warm your body, and comfortable shoes.
- Check some background about the country, their culture, their rules and restriction and also about the people for your safety, so you know how to behave when you get there and in dealing with people.
- Check your passport expiration ( it should be six months valid before expiration).
- Check if you need a visa. Maybe you need to apply a month before your travel. If so, you have to gather all the documents required and apply for visa whether online/e-visa or you need to go to your nearest embassy of your destination country. Some instance the visa is upon arrival at the airport but you have to make sure about it to avoid any problem in the airport.
- Check their currency. It is important that you know what currency they are using. Are they accepting US dollar or you need to buy and exchange it for their currency before you leave. In this way, you can select a money exchange with better rates. You should also check if they are accepting credit cards and are there available ATM machine to withdraw in case your cash in your pocket get short.
- Last but not the least, don’t forget to bring below items.
- Clothes, Shoes, Sandals and Socks (for normal weather)
- Swimwear (if you will go to the beach)
- Thermal Jacket, Gloves, Bonnet/hat, Boots/Winter shoes (for winter weather)
- Camera, Phone, Selfie Stick, Charger, Powerbank, headset, Sunglasses
If you have additional thoughts in your mind please feel free to drop your comments below.
Have a wonderful trip if you have an upcoming trip soon. Enjoy and happy holiday. 😉
Categories: Travel & Leisure